Please Recycle these:
- Cans: Aluminum and Steel Cans. Please empty and rinse.
- Cartons: Food and Beverage Cartons. Please empty and replace cap.
- Glass: Bottles and Jars. Please empty and rinse.
- Paper: Cereal Boxes, Newspaper, Magazines & Mail, Flattened Cardboard, and Paper Tubes.
- Plastic: Bottles and Containers Numbered 1 , 2 , and 5. Please empty and replace cap.
Please Do Not Recycle These:
- Scrap Metal: No car parts or scrap metal
- Plastic Bags: Do not bag recyclables; return plastic bags and wrap to retail stores
- Hazards: No flammables, compressed cylinders, batteries, electronics, or sharps
- Garbage: Empty all containers, no food, liquids, diapers, or garbage
- Tanglers: No hoses, wires, or chains
PROPER HANDLING OF USED BATTERIES
Rechargeable batteries should NEVER go into the trash or recycling containers! Some batteries, such as single-use alkaline batteries, are safe to put in the trash. But it’s important to understand your batteries and how to store and dispose of them. For more information, refer to the DNR webpage on properly handling used batteries. https://dnr.wisconsin.gov/topic/Recycling/batteries.html