Garbage collection is every week.
Please put the garbage cart out the night before your collection day; or by 6:00am the morning of pickup.
Please place the following in the brown garbage cart:
- Mixed trash
- Plastic wrap & bags
- Broken toys
- Light bulbs
- Bagged garbage & food waste
- Styrofoam & other bagged trash
- Small amounts of bagged construction materials
Please do not place the following in with your garbage:
- Yard waste
- Household hazardous waste
- Cardboard boxes
- The arrows on the lid of the cart should point to the road
- Handles and wheels should face away from the road
- The garbage cart should be placed within 2 ft. of the road on one side of the driveway
- The recycle cart should be placed within 2 ft. of the road on the other side of the driveway
- Please keep 6 ft. of clearance between the carts and other objects, especially mailboxes, poles and vehicles
Your community’s program requires residents to call to schedule bulky item collections. Any items that do not fit in your garbage or recycling cart must be called into our office at 262-473-4700; or emailed into firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office hours are Monday – Friday from 8am-4:30pm and Saturday from 8am-noon. Bulk items are scheduled regularly throughout the month. You may schedule up to one bulk items collection per month, with a total of twelve per year.
NOTICE: Most municipalities have an ordinance requiring that items not be placed at the curb sooner than 24-hours prior to your scheduled pickup. Please check your local code and do not have items out too early. We recommend that no items are placed at the curb prior to scheduling collection.
Bulk items include, but are not limited to:
- Carpeting (cut into 4 foot sections rolled and bundled together)
- Large cardboard boxes (emptied & flattened)
- Appliances, including those which contain freon
- Automotive batteries
- Tires (up to 2 per month / pickup, maximum 8 per year)
- Drain oil (must be sealed in 1-5 gallon containers, clearly marked USED OIL)
- Antifreeze (must be sealed in 1-5 gallon containers, clearly marked ANTIFREEZE)
- Larger items, such as hot tubs and pianos, must be cut up or disassembled with parts weighing no more than 50lbs.
- Paint cans (must be empty and dry OR filled with oil dry / kitty litter and completely dry)
- Construction materials (Must be contained in 32-gallon or smaller containers, weighing no more than 50 lbs, with any boards cut down to 4 ft. or smaller lengths)
*All items must weigh no more than 50 lbs and be easily manageable by one person.
Please do not place the following out for bulk:
- Yard waste
- Hazardous materials
Collection days will be on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Trash is collected every week. Recycling will be collected every other week. Click on the calendar to determine your recycle collection weeks. Please call our office to determine your collection day or click on the collection map below:
Our office is open Monday – Friday from 8am to 4:45pm and Saturday 8am – Noon.