Garbage collection is every week.
Please put the garbage cart out the night before your collection day; or by 7:00am the morning of pickup.
Please place the following in the brown garbage cart:
- Mixed trash
- Plastic wrap & bags
- Broken toys
- Light bulbs
- Bagged garbage & food waste
- Styrofoam & other bagged trash
- Small amounts of bagged construction materials
Please do not place the following in with your garbage:
- Yard waste
- Household hazardous waste
- Cardboard boxes
The City Of Greenfield drop off center provides alternative options for many of these items.
- Brush must be less than 8” diameter and 4′ lengths with cut end to the curb stacked 4′ high and 10′ long.
- Limit of ONE pile per pick up.
- Place clippings/leaves/garden debris in marked reusable containers or compostable bags, NOT in plastic bags.
- Place properly contained yard waste at curb away from garbage and recycle carts.
- Curbside yard waste pickup will be bi-weekly, opposite recycle week.
- Please bundle brush.
- This is a seasonal service, see the collection calendar for specific dates.
Recycling is collected every other week.
Mix it all together:
Johns Disposal Service provides single stream recycling. All recyclable material can be mixed together. Johns Disposal’s recycle process system sorts all recyclable material.
- Tin cans, steel cans, aerosol cans, dried paint cans
- Glass bottles & jars
- #1-7 plastic bottles or jugs with a twist top
- Cartons (juice boxes, milk cartons)
- Clean aluminum foil
- Newspaper, magazines, books, mail, school/office paper
- Brown corrugated cardboard (please flatten all boxes)
- Gray chipboard (cereal & shoe boxes)
- Brown paper bags
- Please place in a clear plastic bag (this is the only exception that allows plastic bags in the recycling)
Please do not place the following in with your recycling:
- Plastic bags & styrofoam of any kind
- Yard waste
- Other plastic
- Household hazardous waste
- Construction materials
- Tanglers (hoses, Christmas lights, rope, chain)
- The arrows on the lid of the cart must point to the street.
- Handles and wheels should face away from the street.
- The garbage cart should be placed within 2 ft. of the street on one side of the driveway.
- The recycle cart should be placed within 2 ft. of the street on the other side of the driveway.
- Please keep 6 ft. of clearance between the carts and other objects, especially mailboxes and vehicles.
Your community’s program requires residents to call to schedule bulky item collections. Any items that do not fit in your garbage or recycling cart must be called into our office at 262-473-4700; or emailed into firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office hours are Monday – Friday from 8am-4:30pm and Saturday from 8am-noon. Bulk items are scheduled regularly throughout the month. You may schedule up to one bulk items collection per month, with a total of 4 per year. Additional pickups are available for the normal charge.
NOTICE: Most municipalities have an ordinance requiring that items not be placed at the curb sooner than 24-hours prior to your scheduled pickup. Please check your local code and do not have items out too early. We recommend that no items are placed at the curb prior to scheduling collection.
Bulk items include, but are not limited to:
- Carpeting (cut into 4 foot sections rolled and bundled together)
- Large cardboard boxes (emptied & flattened)
- Appliances, including those which contain freon
- Automotive batteries
- Tires (up to 2 per month / pickup, maximum 8 per year)
- Drain oil (must be sealed in 1-5 gallon containers, clearly marked USED OIL)
- Antifreeze (must be sealed in 1-5 gallon containers, clearly marked ANTIFREEZE)
- Larger items, such as hot tubs and pianos, must be cut up or disassembled with parts weighing no more than 50lbs.
- Paint cans (must be empty and dry OR filled with oil dry / kitty litter and completely dry)
- Construction materials (Must be contained in 32-gallon or smaller containers, weighing no more than 50 lbs, with any boards cut down to 4 ft. or smaller lengths)
*All items must weigh no more than 50 lbs and be easily manageable by one person.
Please do not place the following out for bulk:
- Yard waste
- Hazardous materials
- 1 out of the 4 special pickups can be used for one electronic item.
Greenfield Drop-off Center
Located at 4551 S. 52nd St. City of Greenfield
COVID 19 Response – as of 3/18/20
Hours of Operations
Tuesday & Thursday 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Saturday 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Closed on Federal Holidays
Drop offs at the 52nd St. location are free to Greenfield residents.
Electronic items will be limited to 5 per GREEN TAG resident per month with an annual total at 20. RED TAG and ‘one-time’ use passes are not allowed to dump electronics or building materials.
In order to keep this ‘free’ site efficient and fast moving, the following guidelines will be enforced:
- Residency required. City issued barcode card or one-time use pass must be presented.
- Load size is limited/equal to one full size pick up truck per day.
- No loose material in trucks or trailers will be accepted.
- Materials must be in containers that can be easily and quickly emptied by the attendant.
- Yard waste must be placed in easy to empty containers or in compostable bags. (No plastic bags)
- Brush must be less than 8” in diameter and cut down into 4′ sections and neatly stacked to allow for quick unload.
Items Accepted Include:
- Recyclables (empty/flatten all cardboard boxes, place all mixed recycling loose in easy to empty containers or paper bags)
- Yard waste (see above guidelines for presentation).
- Antifreeze/Automotive batteries
- Appliances (including Freon) & other scrap metal
- Tires (can be on or off rim, up to 4 per day)
- All types of residential use light bulbs (please contain in the box that your new bulbs came in for safe transport)
In order to keep the DOC efficient and cost effective, it is important to remember that the Drop Off Center is for Greenfield residents only and only for those items normally generated by a residential household. The DOC is not intended for large remodel or landscaping projects, dirt, gravel or stone removal, hazardous waste, landlord/apartment use and/or other business generated items. Please call Johns should you have any of these items.
Note: Hazardous waste will NOT be accepted. For Household Hazardous Waste information, Please call MMSD at (414) 225-2066 or visit www.mmsd.com
Garbage & Recycling Carts:
The garbage (brown cart) is emptied on a weekly basis. The recycling (green cart) is emptied every other week. Please have carts at the curb the night before or by 7:00 am on the day of pickup. Use the collection map and collection calendar to determine your day of collection.
Click the page below to determine your day of collection.
Large Item Collection:
Each resident will be provided 2 special pickups per year. Special pickups are required for large items that do not fit inside the cart. There is no charge for the first 2 pickups. Residents must call our office to schedule a pickup. Large items include furniture, bedding, extra cans of trash and appliances. Electronics are not included with the 2 special pickups. Please call our office at (262) 473-4700 to schedule a special pickup.
Leaf collection is a seasonal service provided by the City Public Works Department. Please click on the page below to download the 2021 leaf collection calendar.