Garbage Collection Every Week:
Please place in the brown garbage cart:
- Mixed trash, plastic wrap & bags
- Broken toys, ceramics
- Bagged garbage
- Light bulbs
- Food waste
- Styrofoam & other loose trash
Please put bagged trash in the brown cart. Bags that are tied keep the carts clean.
Do not put the following items in the brown cart:
- Yard Waste
- Household hazardous waste
- Cardboard boxes
- Large construction materials
The City Of Greenfield drop off center provides alternative options for many of these items.
- Brush must be less than 8” diameter and 4′ lengths with cut end to the curb stacked 4′ high and 10′ long.
- Limit of ONE pile per pick up.
- Place clippings/leaves/garden debris in marked reusable containers or compostable bags, NOT in plastic bags.
- Place properly contained yard waste at curb away from garbage and recycle carts.
- Curbside yard waste pickup will be bi-weekly, opposite recycle week.
- Please bundle brush.
- This is a seasonal service, see the collection calendar for specific dates.
Recycle Collection Every Other Week:
Please place in the green recycle cart:
- Aluminum cans & clean aluminum foil
- Tin cans, steel cans, aerosol cans, empty/dried paint cans
- Glass bottles & jars
- #1-7 plastics
- Milk cartons, juice boxes, soup cartons
- Newspaper, magazines, books, mail, school/office paper
- Brown corrugated cardboard (flattened)
- Gray chipboard (cereal boxes, shoe boxes, etc.)
- Brown paper bags
- Please put in a secured clear plastic or paper bag, and place in the GREEN cart. No other recycling should be placed in bags.
Do not put the following items in the green cart:
- Styrofoam of any kind
- Yard waste
- Household hazardous waste
- Construction materials
- Drinking glasses
- Window glass or ceramic items
- Light bulbs
All recycling should be placed loose into the carts. Please do not put recycling in plastic bags.
- The arrows on the lid of the cart must point to the street.
- Handles and wheels should face away from the street.
- The garbage cart should be placed within 2 ft. of the street on one side of the driveway.
- The recycle cart should be placed within 2 ft. of the street on the other side of the driveway.
- Please keep 6 ft. of clearance between the carts and other objects, especially mailboxes and vehicles.
- Each residence is allowed 2 special pickups per year for no additional fee.
- Additional pickups are available for a nominal charge, call Johns Disposal to schedule.
- Electronics are not included with the 2 special pickups.
Greenfield Drop-off Center
Located at 4551 S. 52nd St. City of Greenfield
The Drop off center will be CLOSED on Tuesday July 4, 2017.
Hours of Operations
Tuesday & Thursday 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Saturday 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Closed on Federal Holidays
Drop offs at the 52nd St. location are free to Greenfield residents.
Electronic items will be limited to 5 per GREEN TAG resident per month with an annual total at 20. RED TAG and ‘one-time’ use passes are not allowed to dump electronics or building materials.
In order to keep this ‘free’ site efficient and fast moving, the following guidelines will be enforced:
- Residency required. City issued barcode card or one-time use pass must be presented.
- Load size is limited/equal to one full size pick up truck per day.
- No loose material in trucks or trailers will be accepted.
- Materials must be in containers that can be easily and quickly emptied by the attendant.
- Yard waste must be placed in easy to empty containers or in compostable bags. (No plastic bags)
- Brush must be less than 8” in diameter and cut down into 4′ sections and neatly stacked to allow for quick unload.
Items Accepted Include:
- Recyclables (empty/flatten all cardboard boxes, place all mixed recycling loose in easy to empty containers or paper bags)
- Yard waste (see above guidelines for presentation).
- Antifreeze/Automotive batteries
- Appliances (including Freon) & other scrap metal
- Tires (can be on or off rim, up to 4 per day)
- All types of residential use light bulbs (please contain in the box that your new bulbs came in for safe transport)
In order to keep the DOC efficient and cost effective, it is important to remember that the Drop Off Center is for Greenfield residents only and only for those items normally generated by a residential household. The DOC is not intended for large remodel or landscaping projects, dirt, gravel or stone removal, hazardous waste, landlord/apartment use and/or other business generated items. Please call Johns should you have any of these items.
Note: Hazardous waste will NOT be accepted. For Household Hazardous Waste information, Please call MMSD at (414) 225-2066 or visit www.mmsd.com
Garbage & Recycling Carts:
The garbage (brown cart) is emptied on a weekly basis. The recycling (green cart) is emptied every other week. Please have carts at the curb the night before or by 7:00 am on the day of pickup. Use the collection map and collection calendar to determine your day of collection.
Click the page below to determine your day of collection.
Large Item Collection:
Each resident will be provided 2 special pickups per year. Special pickups are required for large items that do not fit inside the cart. There is no charge for the first 2 pickups. Residents must call our office to schedule a pickup. Large items include furniture, bedding, extra cans of trash and appliances. Electronics are not included with the 2 special pickups. Please call our office at (262) 473-4700 to schedule a special pickup.
Leaf collection is a seasonal service provided by the City Public Works Department. Please click on the pages below to download the 2017 or 2018 leaf collection calendar.