Garbage Collection Every Week
The Caledonia Village Board approved new carts for garbage collection. With the new cart program, all trash must be contained in the new brown garbage cart. Each household will receive four (4) free ‘special pickups’ per year for large items that do not fit inside the brown cart. Residents must call our office to schedule a collection for large items.
Smaller size carts are available for both trash and recycling. Please contact our office if you would like a smaller cart.
Additional carts are available for a fee. Please contact our office if you would like additional carts.
Recycle Collection Every other Week
Please place the following in GREEN recycle cart:
- Aluminum cans & clean aluminum foil
- Tin cans, steel cans, aerosol cans, empty/dried paint cans
- Glass bottles & jars
- #1-7 plastic
- Milk cartons, juice boxes, soup cartons
- School/office paper
- Brown corrugated cardboard (flattened)
- Gray chipboard (cereal and shoe boxes)
- Brown paper bags
- Please put in a secured clear plastic or paper bag, and place in or next to the bin.
Do not put the following items in the recycle bins:
- Styrofoam of any kind
- Yard waste
- Household hazardous waste
- Construction materials
Please flatten all cardboard boxes! All recycling must be contained inside the new recycle cart.
Village of Caledonia bulk item collection has changed! Residents must call Johns Disposal to schedule collection of large items. All households will receive (4) four free ‘special pickups’ per year. Items placed outside of the new garbage cart will not be collected unless a special pickup is scheduled.
Acceptable Garbage Bulk Items
- Carpeting (no wider than 4ft and rolled)
- Extra garbage bags or garbage in personal cans
- Construction materials in containers weighing less than 60lbs
Acceptable Recycle Bulk Items
- Large metal items
- Cardboard (flattened & empty)
- Tires (2 per home per month – 8 per year)
- Drain oil & antifreeze (sealed in 1-5 gallon containers)
- Paper & other recyclables should be in clear plastic bags
- Humidifiers/De-humidifiers, Water softeners
All items for bulk pickup should be placed within 2 feet of the curbside and 6 feet from the garbage/recycle containers.
Unacceptable Bulk Items:
- Yard waste
- Hazardous materials & Liquid paint
- Loose bulk construction materials