Garbage Collection Every Week
All material must fit in the brown (garbage) cart. Automated trucks cannot pick up any material that is next to the cart. Please put the garbage cart out the night before your collection day or by 6:00am the morning of pickup.
Please place in 64-Gallon Brown Garbage Cart:
- Mixed loose garbage
- Broken toys & ceramics
- Plastic hangers, etc.
- Bagged garbage
- Plastic wrap – Bags
- Other loose garbage, etc.
Do Not put the following items in the brown cart:
- Yard Waste
- Household hazardous waste
- Cardboard boxes
Please put bagged garbage in the brown cart. Bags that are tied keep carts clean. Mixed loose garbage can be put in the brown cart. Please put the garbage cart out the night before your collection day or by 6:00 am the morning of pick up.
Recycle Collection Every Other Week
Loose recycling must fit in the green (recycling) cart. Automated trucks can not pick up any material that is next to the cart. Please put the recycle cart out the night before your collection day or by 6:00am the morning of pick up. If your green recycle cart is out on the wrong week it can not be collected!
Please place in 96-Gallon Green Recycle Cart:
- Aluminum cans and foil
- Empty tin cans and aerosol cans
- Dried out paint cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- #1-7 plastic containers
- Newspaper, magazines, books, mail, school/office paper
- Brown corrugated cardboard
- Grey chipboard (cereal and shoe boxes)
- Brown paper bags
- Please put in a clear plastic bag (tied) and place in the GREEN cart. NO OTHER RECYCLING SHOULD BE IN BAGS
Do not put the following items in the green cart:
- Plastic bags, toys, styrofoam of any kind
- Plastic (other than #1-7 containers)
- Yard waste and construction materials
- Household hazardous waste
The arrows on the lid of the cart must point to the street
Handles and wheels should face away from the street
- The garbage cart should be placed within 2 ft. of the street on one side of the driveway
- The recycle cart should be placed within 2 ft. of the street on the other side of the driveway
- Please keep 6 ft. of clearance between the carts and other objects, especially mailboxes and vehicles
Bulk items are collected once a month
Bulk items will be collected on the last service day of the month. Bulky pick up is for any extra garbage or recycling you have or for items that are too big to fit into the carts.
Place all large items including furniture, carpeting, large metal items, large cardboard boxes (emptied and flattened) and appliances 6ft. away from- not in front of or next to the carts. Small items such as automotive batteries, tires (2 per home per month – 8 per year), and drain oil (in sealed 1-5 gallon containers) should also be 6ft. away from the carts. Construction materials should be in 32 gallon cans and weigh less than 60 lbs. Extra paper or other recycling should be in clear plastic bags and placed at the street 6ft. away from the carts.
Bulk Collection does not include yard waste or hazardous materials.