Located at 4551 S. 52nd St. City of Greenfield
Hours of Operations
Tuesday & Thursday 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Saturday 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Closed on Federal Holidays
Drop offs at the 52nd St. location are free to Greenfield residents.
Electronic items will be limited to 5 per GREEN TAG resident per month with an annual total at 20. RED TAG and ‘one-time’ use passes are not allowed to dump electronics or building materials.
In order to keep this ‘free’ site efficient and fast moving, the following guidelines will be enforced:
- Residency required. City issued barcode card or one-time use pass must be presented.
- Load size is limited/equal to one full size pick up truck per day.
- No loose material in trucks or trailers will be accepted.
- Materials must be in containers that can be easily and quickly emptied by the attendant.
- Yard waste must be placed in easy to empty containers or in compostable bags. (No plastic bags)
- Brush must be less than 8” in diameter and cut down into 4′ sections and neatly stacked to allow for quick unload.
Items Accepted Include:
- Recyclables (empty/flatten all cardboard boxes, place all mixed recycling loose in easy to empty containers or paper bags)
- Yard waste (see above guidelines for presentation).
- Antifreeze/Automotive batteries
- Appliances (including Freon) & other scrap metal
- Tires (can be on or off rim, up to 4 per day)
- All types of residential use light bulbs (please contain in the box that your new bulbs came in for safe transport)
In order to keep the DOC efficient and cost effective, it is important to remember that the Drop Off Center is for Greenfield residents only and only for those items normally generated by a residential household. The DOC is not intended for large remodel or landscaping projects, dirt, gravel or stone removal, hazardous waste, landlord/apartment use and/or other business generated items. Please call Johns should you have any of these items.
Note: Hazardous waste will NOT be accepted. For Household Hazardous Waste information, Please call MMSD at (414) 225-2066 or visit www.mmsd.com